Monday, June 3, 2013

Well Hey There.


Need.  From Cafe Press.

On March 23, 2013, I became a mom.  I'm still not sure exactly how it happened.  I know a five-year wedding anniversary and an amazing gin cocktail were involved.

And most likely a penis and a vagina, but I'm just speculating.

Two and a half months later, my apartment has morphed into baby-land.  I always said this would not happen.  But there on the ground is the brand new Fisher-Price Rainforest Melodies and Lights Deluxe Gym (which, BTW, did not come with batteries, which SERIOUSLY???).  Next to it is a borrowed and slightly broken (also doesn't make noise, so my kid doesn't giving a flying crap about it) bouncy chair.  To the right is a folded up stroller, and a swing that my kid tolerates for maybe ten minutes at a time, tops.

I don't even want to talk about the bottles and the breast pump and, oh yeah, all the dishes.

I love my kid.  He's so cute it's stupid.  When he smiles, it just about breaks my heart.

Still, life has changed, a LOT.  I knew it would, of course, but there's no way to prepare for this sort of tsunami of change.

This blog is about treading water, enjoying the good parts of parenthood, and trying to keep my shit together.

Welcome.  Please, have a Zoloft, on me.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey...also....I don't have your email address. I tried to send this to you but then realized all I have is your work email.

    I saw this blog post the other day online, and as I read it, it kind of reminded me of you, so I wanted to share it.

    http://www.kendieveryday.com/2013/05/life-lately.html

    ReplyDelete